It’s been a couple of months now — time to give this blog some kind of purpose.
When I signed up for my Music Theory class last summer, I knew I wanted a few basic things out of it: to improve my sight singing; to do some formal interval and dictation training; and to gain a better understanding of the structure of the music I’ve been singing.
Now, after two quarters, I’ve found that: sight singing is coming along nicely (though I really hate Solfège); interval training is kicking my rear (dictation is going ok); and, as it turns out, I am totally loving the study and analysis of music structure.
This naturally led me to seriously consider composing something of my own.
Over the years I’ve written a lot of code. Quite a lot of what I’ve done has been incorporated into the MAME project, but there are some straggling utilities and other bits and pieces that have been sitting on my machine forever.
As luck would have it, MAME moved over to using GitHub to host the project’s source code in January, and thus I was forced into creating an account.
So given that I now have this account (also linked in the buttons at the top), I’ve decided to start uploading some of my old sources.